- This event has passed.
Urban metabolism for circular cities – Webinar
@ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
A circular economy, and therefore a circular city, is one that is “regenerative and waste-free by design.” Urban metabolism is part of the strategic toolkit for developing circular and regenerative cities. It describes and quantifies the main flows (e.g., materials and energy) that enter in a city, which are used or stored, and then that leave that city, thus offering an integrated and holistic viewpoint of all the city’s activities, of its levels of resource productivity and urban systems’ efficiency and sustainability.
How can we make the best use of this approach to accelerate the transition to regenerative cities?
In this webinar, experts and practitioners from the European REFLOW project – which aims at co-creating and testing regenerative solutions at business, governance, and citizen levels to create a resilient circular economy – will reflect on urban metabolism, highlight its benefits and challenges, and discuss how to scale up the potential of this tool to European cities.
Speakers and focus:
- Simon Clement, ICLEI: Scaling up urban metabolism in European cities
- Elizabeth Corbin, Metabolic Institute (NL): Material flow analysis: a key leverage point in transitioning European cities to a regenerative and circular state.
- Ann Louise Slot, Municipality of Vejle (DK): Urban metabolism in practice – The case of Vejle
- Erwan Mouazan, Director of Ecovala and capacity building and knowledge transfer at REFLOW: Facilitator
Who should join?
- City representatives, innovators and organisations from business, education and research across Europe who want to learn more about the different opportunities offered by the circular economy community.