- This event has passed.
Eat. Save. Make. Learn how food waste can become biomaterial
- Introduction on Reflow and Centrinno by Comune di Milano – Rossana Torri & Liat Rogel
- Biomaterials: ingredients, processes, potential, implementation, application and impact
- Examples of start-ups and SMEs working with biomaterials focused on design and fashion
16th December: 10.00-17.00 theory + hands-on activity
- Introduction to biomaterials and Materiom vision.
- Design of biomaterial via ingredients identified: Prepare biopolymers selected and discuss the role of each component in the biomaterial.( i.e. Structural Matrix + Reinforcing material + Plasticisers)
- Recipe 1 – Gelatin-based bioplastic & variations
- Recipe 2 – Cellulose-based bioplastic & variations
- Recipe 3 – Starch-based bioplastic & variations
- Recipe 4 – Combination with local waste
- Recipe 5- Other Seaweed-based biopolymers
17th December: 10.00-13.00 troubleshooting and digital fabrication
- Review Materials Day Before
- Analysing resulting materials & troubleshooting guidelines.
- Theoretical Content:
- Biomaterials and Digital Fabrication
- (Biomaterials making tools & Standardized testing + Documenting)
- Q&A & Closing
The talk will be held in English. Access to the event is allowed only to persons holding the Covid19 Super Green Pass certification (in digital or paper format).
Subscriptions at this link.